THE BLOG

KIM MILBURN PHOTOGRAPHY

Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat....pheww Im wiped out

I hope everyone had an awesome trick or treat!  I know I did but I am wiped out, we decorated ( a little to much for my hubbies liking ) the yard and passed out tons of candy, to all the little and middle aged big kids in the neighborhood and had some fun scaring the middle aged bigger kids also, it was an awesome day :)

Though this year none of my criminals actually went out trick or treating ( boo hiss no candy for mom and dad)  I was a little sad this morning, no candy to steal from the kiddies but I am almost postitive most of your little ones did and so this is where this post is headed...

I read an awesome blog starkravingmadmommy its a great read but she found about an awesome idea for what to do with all that leftover candy that we need to get rid of....give it to the troops :)  I love this idea...and there is something else they want Beane Babies...now who doesnt have extra beanie babies lying around?

All the info is on her Blog but just incase you want the candy 101 I will list it here :)

To send in candy, Beanie Babies, and letters/cards of support:

Feel free to use any size cartons, whatever you have on hand or can easily find. The ideal size is 24" x 24" x 20" or smaller. Excess Halloween candy can be sent by DECEMBER 3 to:

Operation Gratitude/California Army National Guard

17330 Victory Boulevard

Van Nuys, CA 91406

Charlie Othold: 818.437.6201

As you can imagine, Operation Gratitude sends a lot of packages overseas, and that costs money. It costs about $15 for each package they send overseas. To help defray that cost, you can make a donation to Operation Gratitude by clicking here. Operation Gratitude is a 501(3)(c) nonprofit, so donations are tax-deductible as provided by law.

According to the Better Business Bureau's charity review, 98 percent of Operations Gratitude's funds are used for their actual programs. 1 percent is used for administrative purposes, and 1 percent is used for fundraising. Operation Gratitude has no paid staff.

No comments: