THE BLOG

KIM MILBURN PHOTOGRAPHY

Friday, July 9, 2010

NOLA; How I luv the, let me count the ways...

The hubby and I went on a short trip to New Orleans this weekend, it was my first time going so its easy to say I was a bit nervous.  I heard the stories...its crazy, its wild, it can be scary.....its HOT!  So need less to say I was a bit worried and didnt know what to expect...but as soon as we hit the French Quarter, I was hooked we hadnt even gotten out of the car, had not even checked into our hotel.

Hooked I tell you...Hooked

We checked into Hotel Montelone, this Hotel was gorgeous and had so much charm.

Hooked...

We unloaded our stuff I grabbed my camera and off we went...it was late in the evening around 6ish so the weather was amazing light breeze and around 85 degrees.  We went down Royal and then the smell hit...

not that smell

Cafe' du Monde'

yeah that smell...

Oh My Gosh...hooked

We ate and watched, we took a carriage ride and I took in everything and I loved it, loved it all...

We walked, shopped, walked....walked....walked...I can proudly say after all the amazing food I ate and we ate A LOT I have moved my belt knotch over 2 knotches and not out..IN girls IN walking does a body good! 

Got lost...Got stranded in the pouring rain under an awning for umm about a million hours, nah just about 30 minutes but it was worth it.

ate more amazing food...

photographed....oh be still my heart...the photographing, there isnt enough time in the day ( granted it rained about 90% of the time we were there) I could spend days there just taking photographs, talking to people, watching the people, the doors, the shutters, the locks..all of it and we didnt even make it to the cemeteries, yeah I thought it was creepy at first too but after getting lost by the cemetery walking by them, they were beautiful; but it was raining and getting dark and umm Im not that brave..but next time I will go and explore them.

I can not wait to go back...it was lovely...I have never meet nicer, sweeter people than I experienced while there and Im from the south everyone is nice ya'll...

so ado and until next time New Orleans I will miss you....Here is a small taste of what I saw while we were there...

enjoy














2 comments:

Jana Kunz said...

Love these, fun to look at. :)

amwz photography said...

these look like another point in time
simply wonderful- would love to see them in a calendar!!