THE BLOG

KIM MILBURN PHOTOGRAPHY

Saturday, June 12, 2010

a little ouch... a little drugs... a lotta scar

well....where to begin... I have had quite a crazy week, I usually dont post a ton of personal stuff on my blog but girls Im fixin to get real personal, hehe.  Last Saturday started out like any other day, Kendre and I were headed to the mall, thank goodness we hadnt left yet but just as we were about to leave I had a little pain, you know that "girlfriend" pain, I was like great here she comes so I stopped to get an advil, gathered my purse, phone and was about to leave when the pain, a pain like "oh lord a babys coming pain" hit....so I thought okay I can do this Im just going to sit awhile catch my breath, that didnt work  after about 3 hours Kevin decided it was time to head to the ER, we went and they took some blood and assumed they it was an infection and sent me home with vicaden and some antibiotics and said check with my doc on Monday.  That night and the next were the same, tons of pain, throwing up, fevers and a racing heart. Kevin made an OB appointment for first thing Mondaybecause I was ot getting better, we arrived at 8am with my bucket, pillow and me walking hunched over, it was a site, the pain had subsided some and they again assumed bad infection or maybe a ovarian cysts had burst and I was sent home...the rest of the day was wicked and by 3 I couldnt stand it anymore, we called the docto rand they told us to come back in right away we went back to the OB did an Ultrasound and decided it was a ruptured cysts and I would be okay in a few days and to come back if anything changed.  That evening the pain got worse, I spiked a fever and had a very high heart rate, called the docotor again Tuesday morning and was told to go to the ER again, so went waited 2 hours in the waiting room, finally I was seen they ordered another ultra sound had and then a CT scan as I was being rolled back into the room, the ER doctor came in and  I was told I was being rushed up to surgery right that moment, now let me tell there nothing like someone coming in and saying lets schedule surgery for oh say next month but...right this moment not tomorrow not in 3 hours, NOW their exacts words were, if we dont take you up now you could die....your bleeding into your abdomen and we have to stop the bleeding...now Im usually a very calm go with the flow easy going but today, this moment...well I freaked out not a little, A LOT!  So Kevin and I just looked at each other and the madness began finding places for the kids, the paperwork, the hugs the kisses and the goodbyes, please call this person, its amazing when your in the moment the people you think of, the things that go through your mind luckily I had approximately 36 minutes to process it all and then, lights out.  I woke up, really I dont know how much longer but I will tell you in that moment the moment I woke up it was the first moment in 4 days I was not in pain, as the nurse said, baby your going to feel like butter and oh the butter...that lasted about 3 hours....no more butter.  I stayed in the hospital till Thursday night and now Im home and was told no nothing for 2 weeks ( so dont tell her Im bloggin, big no no) and no work for 6 weeks, 6 weeks are your off your crackers, 6 weeks no way but she said you better be good because otherwise I will see you sooner than later. So I wil listen I will be good.  So I am hoping by Wednesday to be okay enough to do some computer work but I am going to reschedule everyone for 6 weeks, I will be good :)  I know there are galleries that are due and some are now past due and I will get those up as soon as I possibly can, nobody wants me to process their images on drugs, hehe.  So here I am 2 Ovarian ruptured cysts later and can now officially join the I have a huge scar club :)

Thank you to everyone who has called sent cards, emails and flowers....it has lifted my spirits tremendously.

Love you guys and will get back to it as soon as I can get to it :)

1 comment:

Britney said...

That's some scary stuff! I'm so glad you're back at home and doing fine :) Get some rest and take care.