THE BLOG

KIM MILBURN PHOTOGRAPHY

Saturday, December 12, 2009

2009.....a year to remember

...as 2009 is coming to a close, it is hard to believe that another year has come and gone. This has been a wonderful year for me, it has had its challenges, business and personal and its joy, again business and personal. I opened a little space and closed a space and in that in-between time I figured out what "kind" of photographer I wanted to be, it took me a whole year to do it but it was worth it. In my personal life I have grown as a photographer and as a person, with a little help from perseverance, friendships, family, challenges and laughter, without these I would not have landed exactly where I am at, at this moment, in the joy. All of it is so worth it to get to the joy, there have been days when as a photographer its hard to find the joy, the laughter, the emotion but in that I have found that the emotion is why I do and why I love what I do....the emotion is my photography. The emotion I feel is the true heart of my photography, whether it is a giggle, a hug from a father to his son, a soulful look from an ever-non stationary 2yr old, the peaceful position of a sleeping 4 day old, or the quiet smile of wife looking into her husbands eyes as her 4 children run a muck in the chaos. This is why I do what I do, the emotion, this is what I love to capture, this is what keeps me in love with my photography, a moment I capture for my clients and a moment that sometimes, in that chaos, can not be seen or felt but in that one minuet moment of the shutter I capture it, capture it forever on film...those captures, are the moments when you see that portrait for the first time will steal your breath...those are the moments I love, the moments that bring me joy, the moments that tell me I am a photographer...so thank you all my wonderful clients for bringing me joy, laughter and tears because without you, I could not do what I love, capturing emotion, capturing love, capturing you....thank you.

I have put together a quick little slide show of some of "my" favorite images from this past year, some were chosen for emotion, some were chosen for the effort it took to create them and some were chosen because they touched my heart...thank you again and enjoy, I look forward to another beautiful year with each and everyone of you. ~Kim~


1 comment:

Amy said...

Kim,
This is beautiful! And we have those 2 photos in the slide show of Mady and Evie framed and hanging in our home, as well as the ones of Katy and Jackie of course. I hope you have a very blessed and Merry Christmas!
Amy Smith